How to Read the Timetable
Stop Locations are listed in the first column. These are the locations where the bus will stop to pick up and drop off passengers.
Time Points are listed in the columns to the right of the
Stop Locations column. These are the times that the bus will stop at the
Stop Locations and you can get on or off the bus.
- Decide where and when you want to get on the bus:
- Read down the list of Stop Locations to find the location where you want to get on the bus.
- Read across from the Stop Location to the Time Point columns to find the times the bus will be at the Stop Location. These are the times that the bus will be at this location and you can get on the bus.
- Determine when the bus will get to your destination:
- Read down the list of Stop Locations to find the location where you want to get off the bus.
- Read across from the Stop Location to the Time Point columns to find the time the bus will be at the Stop Location. These are the times that the bus will get you to that stop.
How to Ride the Bus
- Select the LINK Bus Route that serves the area you wish to travel. Keep in mind that you may need to transfer between bus routes to get to your final destination. Transfers will take place at the LINK Bus Transfer Center, located at Park Avenue and Capner Street, Flemington.
- Read the bus timetable to find the nearest bus stop with the route that you need, and check the pickup time.
- Be at the bus stop location at least 10 minutes before the bus is scheduled to arrive.
- Dress for the weather so you are not uncomfortable while waiting for the bus to arrive or transferring to other buses.
- Stay out of the road until the bus has come to a complete stop.
- Watch for traffic around the bus.
- When the bus arrives, check the Route number located on the front of the bus or on the side window to make sure it is the bus you want. If you're not sure, once the bus has stopped and the door has opened, you may lean in and ask the bus driver if the bus is heading to your stop.
- Board the bus and have the exact fare or a LINK ticket ready.
- Hand your fare or LINK ticket to the driver. The driver will give you a receipt. Be sure to put the receipt in a safe place. You will need to show your receipt when you reboard or transfer buses.
- Tell the driver where you are going and ask that they remind you if you are concerned about remembering to get off at your stop. Tell the driver if you will be transferring to another bus as part of your trip. There is no extra fare to transfer buses in Hunterdon County.
- After paying your fare, quickly find a seat.
- When the bus stops at your destination or transfer location, check where you were sitting to make sure that you do not leave anything behind. Be sure that you have your receipt.
- Thank the driver as you get off the bus. If you will be returning to the bus later, you may wish to tell the driver.
- Be sure to watch your step as you get off of the bus. Move away from the bus and toward your destination. Do not linger outside of the bus. Be aware of traffic around the bus and use caution when crossing the street or in parking lots.