Public Health Nuisance & Housing Investigations

Public health nuisance complaints and housing complaints are investigated by the Department of Health, Office of Environmental Health, if the municipality you are calling from has adopted the public health nuisance code and the state housing code and the County's Public Health Department, has been designated as the enforcement agent for your municipality. Contact your municipality for confirmation.

A housing complaint concerning a multiple-unit dwelling of three or more units is under the jurisdiction of the New Jersey Department of Community Affairs (NJDCA). Contact NJDCA at 609-633-6241.

The Office of Environmental Health verifies heating and insect infestation complaints and refers to the Department of Consumer Affairs (DCA) as needed.